Radiographic Positioning: Radiographic Positioning of the AC-Joints
AC JOINTS (ACROMIOCLAVICULAR JOINTS)
If checking for fracture of AP shoulder to include clavicle must be taken prior to weight bearing film.
ROUTINE POSITIONS: AP upright without weights and AP upright with weights
FILM SIZE: 14 x 17 crosswise or (2) 10 x 12 films
1. Patient is placed in an AP upright position.
2. Both shoulder joints need to be included.
3. First position made with patient's arms relaxed without weights.
4. Second exposure made with patient holding 10 lb. weights in each hand and bearing equal weight on both feet.
5. 72" SID
6. Centering point is at suprasternal notch.
7. Suspended respiration.
THE FILMS MUST BE MARKED "WITH" AND "WITHOUT WEIGHT"