Radiographic Positioning: Radiographic Positioning of Bone Length Study
BONE LENGTH STUDY
To measure the difference in the length of the legs.
1. The lead, numbered ruler, is place under the patient's pelvis so that it extends down between patient's legs. Secure legs with tape.
2. Patient supine
3. Patient's feet are 7" apart.
4. Using one 14 x 17 film take AP hips, AP knees, AP ankle joints coned down.
6. 40" SID
7. Central Ray: perpendicular to table.
8. Patient MUST NOT be moved between exposures.